Sancerre "Silex" 2020
The domaine’s Silex soils yield a Sancerre of minerality and nervy energy. Its complex nose features gooseberries, nettle flowers, and lime that give way to notes of orange and tangerine. The first nose reveals notes of gooseberries, nettle flowers embellished with a touch of lime. When aired, the olfaction is dominated by citrus fruits (orange, tangerine).
- Brand:SAS Les Creots
- Varietal:Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:~20mg/l
- Climate:Sancerre is the most western point of the Loire Valley region. Climate is continental with fresh breeze coming from the Loire river
- Harvest Technique:Harvest takes place by hand.
- Soil:100% flint (Silex in Sancerre speaking terms)
- Vineyard Size:3ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1975.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are direct-pressed with no destemming. Fermentation occurs in stainless steel tanks for 2–4 weeks.
- Elevage:On lees for 10-12 months with occasional stirring
- Winemaker Name:Franck and Clement Laloue (father and son)
- Finning & Filtration:yes
- Producer Website:https://www.serge-laloue.fr/fr/
- Total Production:350 cs