A Charmat method sparkling wine made exclusively from Verdicchio grapes, Sartarelli’s Brut comes from its lowest elevation vineyards which have slightly calcareous soils. After fermentation, the wine undergoes five to six months of aging on its lees—resulting in a sparkling wine with uncommon complexity.
- Commune/Village:Poggio San Marcello
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:84 mg/l
- Climate:Single vineyard with a south/southeast exposure to the sun.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2004
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs in pressurized tanks. The wine ages on its lees for five to six months.
- Elevage:Simple Guyot
- Finning & Filtration:We filter the wine. We use the "a cartucce" filtering method, or cartridge filtering.
- Scores:Sartarelli Brut 88 points - Antonio Galloni’s Vinous 2021 - Eric Guido / Sartarelli Brut Golden Label Award 2014
- Producer Website:https://www.sartarelli.it/
- Total Production:2100 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Known as the Sartarelli ZERO method, the team at Sartarelli fully eschews the use of chemicals in the vineyards and on the vines directly. All Sartarelli wines are also vegan.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes