Sauvage' Syrah/Grenache AOP Ventoux - 2020
This cuvée’s Syrah and Grenache hang on the vine especially long, imbuing the wine with concentration and vibrant power. Raspberry and blackcurrant take the lead, with notes of violet, prune, cocoa, and cinnamon on the multifaceted palate. The Syrah/Grenache is harvested late at an optimal ripeness. This cuvee is very concentrated and powerful with notes of raspberry, blackcurrant, violet, prune, cocoa and cinnamon.
- Brand:Anne Pichon
- Region:Rhône Valley
- Varietal:80% Syrah, 20% Grenache
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:45ppm total
- Climate:Continental with very hot summer, low rainfalls and dry due to the strong wind called "mistral"
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:10 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992.0
- Fermentation:Grapes are 100% destemmed, then macerated and fermented in concrete tanks for one month with indigenous yeasts and daily punchdowns.
- Elevage:10 months aging in concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Veronique Pichon and Jeremy Casado
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:3000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Anne Pichon is Certified Organic.