Sauvignon Blanc Santa Barbara - 2021
Honeydew melon, lemon, ocean brine, green apple dipped in honey, grapefruit pith, and a distinctive rockyminerality.As the wine sits in the glass, beautiful hints of Jasmine emerge which counter balance the acid perfectly.
- Brand:Two Wolves
- Sub-Region:Santa Barbara County
- Commune/Village:Santa Ynez
- Varietal:97% Sauvignon Blanc, 3% Sémillon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:2020 brought a temperate spring, with a cool andwindy May which lead to lowerfruitset and a lighter crop.The small crop raced through veraison in early August, and we picked prior to a heat waveto make sure we preserved the mouthwateringacidity.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:0.5 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2015.0
- Fermentation:Pressed into a stainless tank without the addition of fining agents. Then racked to two cement eggs and stainless-steel barrels for fermentation over several weeks. The finished wine is racked and blended and bottled in the spring.
- Winemaker Name:Allison Thompson
- Producer Website:https://twowolveswine.com/
- Total Production:177 cases