Scribe Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas West Napa 2018
Scribe Winery in Sonoma, California, makes lively, terroir-driven wines. Andrew and Adam Mariani, fourth-generation California farmers and brothers, oversee the winery, which was formed in 2007 on a site that pioneered pre-prohibition Sonoma Valley winemaking. Andrew and Adam think that the best wines are the product of a harmonious interaction between man and environment, and that a vineyard managed in accordance with the larger ecosystem produces more site-specific wines with a feeling of time and place. Non-interventionist vinification yields a distinct wine that authentically reflects what the vineyard organically expresses.
- Brand:Scribe Wines
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:Northern California experienced another cool and wet winter which kept the vines dormant through late March/ Early April. The springtime brought a mix of heat spells followed by cool and wet weather. Our initial predictions were for a later harvest, but the warm summer months hastened the growing cycle of the vines.
- Harvest Technique:guyot / harvested by hand
- Soil:Hambright and Guenoc
- Fermentation:fully destemmed / short cold
- Elevage:20 months in 60-gallon French oak
- Winemaker Name:The Mariani Family
- Finning & Filtration:not filtered or fined
- Producer Website:https://store.scribewinery.com/
- Sustainable Practice:Yes