Senzatino Cesanese del Piglio DOCG 2019
Hailing from the land of a thousand grapes, Senzatino bottles the ancient flavors and traditions of Italy. Our first offering is old vine Cesanese from the red hills of Lazio, just east of Rome. Once christened “The King of Wines” by popes of the Middle Ages, the majesty of Cesanese continues to slip into obscurity. Lucky for us, the Perinelli family has been preserving the variety for generations. Grown at 400m and surrounded by woods, the vines are farmed with great respect. Harvested by hand and bottled without filtration. These are the wines of times long past. Smells like pepper and wild herbs, tastes like red fruit and baked earth
- Brand:Casale della Ioria
- Sub-Region:IGT Lazio
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:Mediterranean climate
- Harvest Technique:Organic method
- Soil:Clay vulcanic sandy soil
- Vineyard Size:16 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2000
- Fermentation:In stainless steel tanks for 10 days. Malalolactic Fermentation In stainless steel tanks.
- Elevage:In wooden barrique for about six months.
- Winemaker Name:Casale della Ioria Team
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:350 cases