Sizzano DOC 2019
Named for the town of Sizzano, which lies in the Novara hills of the Alto Piemonte area, this is a stunning and rare red wine that doesn’t often escape Italy. Blending Nebbiolo with Vespolina, it is a bright and mid-weight red driven by fresh red fruit and floral aromas and flavors. In the glass it is radiant, exuding elegance and finesse. Fragrant, delicious and loaded with finesse, this radiant red from Alto Piemonte has a ruby red as a young wine, but with age it assumes a more garnet color. The scent is elegant, vinous and characteristic, with notes of violets. The wine is dry, tasty and balanced.
- Brand:Villa Guelpa Societa Agricola
- Sub-Region:Alto Piemonte
- Varietal:70% Nebbiolo, 30% Vespolina
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:52 mg/l
- Climate:In Sizzano, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 27°F to 83°F and is rarely below 18°F or above 89°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.02 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1988
- Fermentation:The grapes are destemmed and crushed gently before spontaneous fermentation occurs. The grapes are macerated on their skins for a full 14 days while primary fermentation takes place.
- Elevage:24 months in 20 hl oak tonneaux, and subsequent aging in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Daniele Dinoia
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse filtration
- Scores:W. E. 92 Pts Editors' Choice
- Producer Website:https://www.villaguelpa.it
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Villa Guelpa practices organic viticulture, relying on green manure and cover crops instead of pesticides in the vineyards. They also practice the Lutte Raisonée method of farming.
- Sustainable Practice:Villa Guelpa practices organic viticulture, relying on green manure and cover crops instead of pesticides in the vineyards. They also practice the Lutte Raisonée method of farming.