Spatburgunder Bockenheim - 2018
This 100% Pinot Noir translates Neiss’ cooler Pfalz microclimate into a dynamic wine with a multi-layered bouquet, excellent structure, and graceful power. Red berry and juniper aromas lead to soft berry and cherry flavors on the palate, which all linger on the long finish. From hand-harvested grapes and vines planted in the 1970s. Maturation in barriques and large wooden barrels for at least 12 months. Fruity with good structure, soft red berry fruit and cherries, very elegant and long finish. 100% Pinot Noir from Neiss' cooler Pfalz microclimate. Sustainable viticulture certified winery by FAIR'N GREEN and run by 6th generation winemaker, Axel Neiss. Vegan.
- Varietal:Pinot Noir
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The prevalent cool climate in Bockenheim promotes longer ripening in the grapes and general character development in their wines.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:4.8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:The must rests on the skins for about 15 days before fermentation takes place in temperature-controlled tanks. Malolactic conversion occurs naturally in oak barrels.
- Elevage:Maturation in barriques and large wooden barrels for at least 12 months
- Winemaker Name:Axel Neiss
- Producer Website:https://www.weingut-neiss.de/en/wines/
- Total Production:1,200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Ludi Neiss is Sustainable Viticulture Certified and follows lutte raisonnée principles.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes