Suane White Reserva 2017
Bright amber color with golden undertones. White floral overtones give way to citrus zest, baked apples with herbal undertones, and a dash of spice. Crisp and lively in the mouth, with a satisfyingly balanced core and robust, supple tannins. Aromas of green pineapple and melon are introduced to the nose in an evocative way. Well-built, enduring, and well rounded with a lingering, reviving aftertaste.
- Brand:Alonso & Pedrajo
- Sub-Region:Rioja D.O.Ca.
- Varietal:75% Viura, 25% Sauvignon Blanc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:Wine with minimum intervention, with a small amount of sulfur added towards the conclusion of the alcoholic fermentation and before bottling.
- Climate:Villlalba is characterized by a distinct change between the climates that make up its environment, primarily the continental climate but also with an important Atlantic influence and the Mediterranean weather through the entrance of the Ebro River at its north-western end, which separates the Sierra Cantabria from the Obarenes Mountains.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:calcareous soils
- Vineyard Size:Estimated 2.5 ha from the aforementioned 3 parcels
- Fermentation:The clusters are gently de-stemmed, fermented, and macerated with their skins for 10 days. Spontaneous alcoholic fermentation with local yeasts. The skins are gently pressed in a vertical press before being transferred to 228-liter French oak barrels. After 13 months of maturing and weekly lees stirring until racking, the wine refines and decants for 4 months in a concrete tank with its own lees to facilitate spontaneous clarity.
- Elevage:13 months in 100% French oak (20% one year, 50% two years, 30% three years). Following bottling, it should be kept in the bottle for at least 15 months before being released.
- Winemaker Name:Alberto Pedrajo Pérez
- Finning & Filtration:There will be no fining. Before to bottling, the lees are separated using light filtering.
- Scores:RP 93
- Producer Website:https://alonsopedrajo.com/
- Total Production:6482 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes