Tenaglia IGT Toscana - 2020
Campo di Tenaglia has been produced since 2014, exclusively with grapes from a particle of 0.8 hectares characterized by a land over two meters deep, with coarse sand of crushed limestone. The vineyard is located on an open slope facing the sunset at an altitude of about 500 meters.
- Brand:Tenuta di Trinoro
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The summers are short, warm, and mostly clear and the winters are long, very cold, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 87°F and is rarely below 22°F or above 95°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:0.8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1996.0
- Fermentation:Spontaneus fermentation in stainless steel vats for 15 days. 3 Pumping overs per day to maximize the extraction of color and varietal characters. Natural malolactic in big cask and by the end of December the wine is moved in used French oak.
- Elevage:6 months in French oak barrels; 1 year in cement tanks.
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Scores:Othmar Kiem – Simon Staffler, Falstaff, 94 points. Antonio Galloni, Vinous, 96 points:
- Total Production:1,425 bottles