Tenuta di Fiorano Fioranello Bianco Lazio IGT 2019
This savory, elegant white wine from the Alban Hills is an even split between Grechetto and Viognier. Citrus, herbal, and yellow-fruit aromas preview a palate that deftly balances soft fruit and freshness. It’s powerfully fragrant and shows a distinct mineral texture drawn from their vineyards’ volcanic soils.
- Brand:Tenuta di Fiorano di Boncompagni Ludovisi
- Sub-Region:Colli Albani
- Varietal:Grechetto 50%, Viognier 50%
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80 mg/l
- Climate:The climate at Fiorano Estate is Mediterranean, though with some slight continental elements. Winter is mild and quite rainy, but it can get cold at night; summer is hot and sunny, with a few afternoon thunderstorms. Intense winds blow from Civitavecchia during summer.
- Harvest Technique:The winery doesn’t irrigate their vines and green harvests at the end of May. They always harvest by hand.
- Soil:The composition of the soil of the vineyards at Tenuta di Fiorano is volcanic, pozzolanic, and contains other volcanic ashes deposited by the nearby and enormous Latium Volcano.
- Vineyard Size:6-8 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1995 and 2002
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes are immediately soft-pressed into stainless steel tanks with no temperature control. Fermentation starts naturally with indigenous yeast. Skin contact lasts for about 48 hours.
- Elevage:6 months in stainless steel and at least 6 months in bottle before being released.
- Winemaker Name:In the past Giuseppe Palieri e Tancredi Biondi Santi, today Lorenzo Costantini.
- Finning & Filtration:Yes, traditional method
- Scores:James Suckling 93 / 100 Luca Maroni 90 / 100
- Producer Website:https://tenutadifiorano.it/en/vineyards/
- Total Production:600 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Suolo e Salute Certified
- Sustainable Practice:Tenuta di Fiorano uses organic and sustainable practices, farming without synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.