Rosso Lazio VdT 2013 and 2015
Equal parts Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot from Tenuta di Fiorano’s volcanic soils, this Rosso has balletic power and grace. A swirl releases wild berry aromas, complemented by sweet spices, tar, and balsamic herbs, and each sip flaunts vigor, richness, and persistence. Fiorano Rosso is a powerful, elegant and complex red wine vinified in oak vats. The nose reveals a wide range of wild berries, sweet spices, tar and balsamic herbs. On the palate it is vigorous, rich, elegant and very persistent.
- Brand:Tenuta di Fiorano di Boncompagni Ludovisi
- Sub-Region:Via Appia
- Varietal:50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 50% Merlot
- Size:750 ml
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:80 mg/l
- Climate:The climate at Fiorano Estate is Mediterranean, though with some slight continental elements. Winter is mild and quite rainy, but it can get cold at night; summer is hot and sunny, with a few afternoon thunderstorms. Intense winds blow from Civitavecchia during summer.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vineyard Size:6-8 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1999 and 2002
- Fermentation:After harvest, grapes macerate for around 13 days before fermentation with indigenous yeasts. The entire process takes place in Slavonian oak barrels.
- Elevage:After malolactic fermentation, the wine rests in big casks for an elevage of around 18-36 months, and then other 12 in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:In the past Giuseppe Palieri e Tancredi Biondi Santi, today Lorenzo Costantini.
- Finning & Filtration:No, just natural decantation.
- Scores:James Suckling 93 / 100 Veronelli 90 / 100
- Producer Website:https://tenutadifiorano.it/en/vineyards/
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Tenuta di Fiorano uses organic and sustainable practices, farming without synthetic pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes
- Tasting Notes:Fiorano Rosso is a powerful, elegant and complex red wine vinified in oak vats. The nose reveals a wide range of wild berries, sweet spices, tar and balsamic herbs. On the palate it is vigorous, rich, elegant and very persistent.