Tenuta di IGT Toscana 2015
Tenuta di Trinoro provides the greatest insight into Andrea Franchetti’s approach to winemaking. The proprietary blend of cabernet franc, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and petit verdot grown on soils of limestone, alluvial plain, and clay changes each year based upon which grapes are the best from that vintage. It is not wed not to any predetermined recipe, formula, or even flavor profile. Tenuta di Trinoro showcases the distinct terroir and grapes from this remote estate at the furthest confines of viticulture in Tuscany. Richness and structure, depth of flavor and complexity — these are the hallmarks of his wines.
- Brand:Vini Franchetti
- Sub-Region:IGT Toscana
- Varietal:Blend: 69% Cabernet Franc; 23% Merlot; 8% Cabernet Sauvignon
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:2015 VINTAGE 2015 is one of the great vintages of Tenuta di Trinoro. The hot weather came over our vineyards only during the first months: already at the beginning of August, the average temperatures fell very fast, and we had a cool, even cold, ripening period until November. Rains fell intermittently but were light, with happy drying periods. That cool, moderate weather let us go harvesting in each vineyard after the proper waiting time.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992
- Fermentation:Vinification: Vinified separately with alcoholic fermentation for 13 days in stainless steel tanks, by using winery indigenous yeast. 3 Pumping overs per day to maximize the extraction of color and varietal characters. Natural malolactic in big cask and by the end of December the wine is moved in used French oak.
- Elevage:Aging: 8 months in new French oak barriques, 11 months in cement vats Bottling: waning moon June 2017
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Andrea Franchetti, Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Scores:Monica Larner, Wine Advocate, 95 points Bruce Sanderson, Wine Spectator, 96 points
- Total Production:200 casas
- Sustainable Practice:Yes