Tenuta di IGT Toscana 2017
Tenuta di Trinoro provides the greatest insight into Andrea Franchetti’s approach to winemaking. The proprietary blend of cabernet franc, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and petit verdot grown on soils of limestone, alluvial plain, and clay changes each year based upon which grapes are the best from that vintage. It is not wed not to any predetermined recipe, formula, or even flavor profile. Tenuta di Trinoro showcases the distinct terroir and grapes from this remote estate at the furthest confines of viticulture in Tuscany. Richness and structure, depth of flavor and complexity — these are the hallmarks of his wines.
- Brand:Vini Franchetti
- Sub-Region:IGT Toscana
- Varietal:Blend: 50% Cabernet Franc, 36% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Petit Verdot
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:2017 was a difficult growing season throughout Italy: the winter was completely dry; the spring brought frost to the valley again after many years; then summer temperatures were exceedingly high, with peaks of 40*C during the day, for three straight months, and little or no refreshment at night, turning the Val d’Orcia into a sort of Sahara.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992
- Fermentation:Vinification: Vinified separately with alcoholic fermentation for 13 days in stainless steel tanks, by using winery indigenous yeast. 3 Pumping overs per day to maximize the extraction of color and varietal characters. Natural malolactic in big cask and by the end of December the wine is moved in used French oak.
- Elevage:Aging: 8 months in new French oak barriques, 11 months in cement vats Bottling: waning moon May 2019
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Andrea Franchetti, Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese.
- Scores:Monica Larner, Wine Advocate, 95 points Bruce Sanderson, Wine Spectator, 93points
- Total Production:200 casas
- Sustainable Practice:Yes