Tenuta di Trinoro IGT Toscana 2020
Tenuta di Trinoro provides the greatest insight into Andrea Franchetti’s approach to winemaking. The proprietary blend of cabernet franc, merlot, cabernet sauvignon, and petit verdot grown on soils of limestone, alluvial plain, and clay changes each year based upon which grapes are the best from that vintage. It is not wed not to any predetermined recipe, formula, or even flavor profile. Tenuta di Trinoro showcases the distinct terroir and grapes from this remote estate at the furthest confines of viticulture in Tuscany. Rich but not overly sumptuous in the nose, it’s characterized by small red fruits, currants and sour cherries, with delicate floral and herbal notes alongside a slight whiff of eucalyptus. it recalls the elegance of the vintage and the fresher temperatures that preceded the harvest of cabernet Franc. On the entry, an enveloping sense of richness, then persistent and compact, with lush tannins still structured for long-term aging. A long finish, with a salty note that encourages a return to the glass. This is the last vintage made by Andrea Franchetti in person.
- Brand:Vini Franchetti
- Sub-Region:IGT Toscana
- Varietal:Cabernet Franc 92%, 8% Merlot
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:2020 was a very good growing season throughout Italy: the winter was not dry; the spring has a fantastic weather for the pollination; then summer temperatures were exceedingly high, with peaks of 40*C during the day, for three straight months, and little or no refreshment at night, turning the Val d’Orcia into a sort of Sahara, but the rains of the en of spring really supported the vines till the end.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:2.9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992
- Fermentation:Vinification: Vinified separately with alcoholic fermentation for 13 days in stainless steel tanks, by using winery indigenous yeast. 3 Pumping overs per day to maximize the extraction of color and varietal characters. Natural malolactic in big cask and by the end of December the wine is moved in used French oak.
- Elevage:Aging: 8 months in new French oak barriques, 11 months in cement vats Bottling: waning moon May 2019
- Winemaker Name:Franchetti Team: Andrea Franchetti, Lorenzo Fornaini and Calogero Portannese. This is the last vintage made with Andrea.
- Total Production:230 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes