The Wonderland Project No.9 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2020
The Wonderland Project was founded in 2010 by wine broker and former sommelier, Matt Ahern with the help of pedigreed Sonoma grape growers. The Wonderland Project produces Sonoma County Appellation Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from organically farmed vineyards in Carneros. The tasting notes of this Cabernet Sauvignon expresses characteristics of black cherry, cocoa and baking spice.
- Brand:The Wonderland Project
- Sub-Region:Sonoma County
- Varietal:Cabernet Sauvignon
- Size:"750ml "
Show More Less Information
- Climate:"Cold winters with average rainfall can cause a delayed typical budbreak by a couple of weeks. Dry and warm springs have hastened the vines’ growth and a temperate summer provides an ideal condition for the start of veraison. Late summer heat waves have also prompted an early harvest to begin. "
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Fermentation:"The grapes are fully destemmed and fermented in stainless steel tanks for up to 17 days. "
- Elevage:"After pressing, the wine is aged in 50% neutral and 50% new French oak barrels for 22 months before bottling unfined and unfiltered. "
- Winemaker Name:Matt Ahern
- Producer Website:https://www.thewonderlandprojectwines.com/
- Total Production:1,000 cases