Tierra de Mallorca - 2020
Francesc Grimalt and Sergio Caballero unveiled their venture 4 Kilos in Mallorca in August of 2006. Francesc is an accomplished vintner who used to work at Mallorca's nima Negra winery. Sergio is a co-creator of the cutting-edge Sónar Barcelona event of electronic music and the arts. This organically grown Callet comes from soils rich in red clay and demonstrates its characteristic finesse. Serious wine, not overly fruity or fruity-balanced. Acidity that's not overwhelming, rose petals, orange peel, and a salty oceanic aftertaste. The 2020 harvest is expected to be their finest yet.
- Brand:4 Kilos
- Region:Islas Baleares
Show More Less Information
- Climate:The climate is Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and an annual rainfall of 450 mm
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:15 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):Vine age ranges from 20 to 40 years
- Fermentation:Fermented in stainless steel and wood vats in equal portions with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:600 liter Allier oak barrels, fourth use, for 12 months.
- Winemaker Name:Francesc Grimalt
- Scores:RP 97 2020
- Producer Website:https://4kilos.com
- Total Production:16,000 bottles
- Sustainable Practice:Yes