Tintilla ANFORA 2018
A dazzling expression of the indigenous Tintilla grape variety, this wine nearly glows with a bright ruby hue. Red fruits emerge on the nose, ranging from strawberry and raspberry to pomegranate. Aged for 12 months in clay anfora, the wine also shows alluring herbal and savory tones including black olive and bay leaf before its silken finish. Wow, just wow. The vibrant raspberry hue is what catches your eye at first glance, but the juicy, lip-smacking pomegranate, fresh strawberry fruit and savory bay leaf, black olive draw you back in time and again. A truly pure expression of the native Tintilla with that silky terroir texture you get from the chalky rich Albariza soils.
- Brand:Bodegas De Forlong
- Sub-Region:El Puerto Santa Maria
Show More Less Information
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:14 ha
- Fermentation:Grapes are chilled at 40 degrees for 48 hours before hand-sorting. Selected grapes are destemmed and transferred into clay amphora where spontaneous fermentation occurs over one lunar cycle, 29 days.
- Elevage:Aged the wine for 12 months in ánfora.
- Winemaker Name:Rocío Áspera and Alejando Narváez
- Sustainable Certificates:Bodegas de Forlong is Certified Organic, and practices organic farming principles across its vineyards.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes