Natalia leverages long standing relationships and vineyard knowledge in each region where she orchestrates the entire production in conjunction with a “winemaker on the ground”. Each local expert friend helps Natalia source the most healthy grapes from the best soils for each native grape variety within each region. These wines are very unique and true to place. This wine has a vinous aroma, showing elegance of great refinement. There are delicate aromas of black plum, blueberry and cassis, complexed by soft notes of cherry and spices. The flavor is very intense and deep, with good structure of tannins, providing a magnificent evolution in the bottle. This is a perfect harmonization with a variety of red meats and cod dishes to the lagareiro.
- Brand:GOTA, LTD.
- Varietal:Tourigana Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Jaén, and Alfrocheiro
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:90 mg/liter total
- Climate:The small vineyards that comprise Zulaco is grown in a Continental climate with Maritime influences, there are fresh cooling winds that come off the mountain-sides to retain natural acids in the wine.
- Harvest Technique:Hand-picked fruit from individual small growers in the Dão region
- Soil:Granite only
- Fermentation:Hand-picked fruit, a majority of the lot is destemmed, although there is always whole cluster co-fermentation with particular lots. Native fermentation in stainless steel and foot tred in lagar. 14 days skin soak.
- Elevage:9 months in French oak barrels, followed by bottle for 6 months
- Winemaker Name:Natalia Jessa and Carlos Silva