Tinto de Valdilecha' - 2020
Marc Isart has been behind the development of Vinos de Madrid within the last 15 years. He was also behind Bernaveleba, Comando G, and is now leading the Pegaso winery. Isart works on “getting back in touch with the home soil, nature and farming.” The La Maldición label (translates to “The Curse”), named for the laborers’ struggles to reach and then work the land at this secluded property in Valdelichia, Madrid.
- Brand:M. Isart
- Varietal:85% Tempranillo, 15% Malvar
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 mg/l
- Climate:The vines are nourished by the continental climate, with some Mediterranean influences. A rainfall of 450 mm per year, hot and dry summers, cold and extreme winters.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:11.6 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1940 - 1990
- Fermentation:With skins and stalks for 50 days followed by aging in used French oak 300L casks / slow stirring during fermentation-maceration / temperature does not need to be controlled b/c the acidity is so high / spontaneous non-malo ferment.
- Elevage:5-7 months in concrete tanks
- Winemaker Name:Marc Isart
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Total Production:30,000 bottles