Toscana Rosso 2019
From select vineyards on the “Conca d’Oro,” La Massa crafts a Rosso defined by fresh red fruit, lively balsamic notes, and marked cleanliness. To a base of Sangiovese, they blend Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alicante Bouchet, and Petit Verdot, yielding a finished wine with fine tannins and savory nuance. La Massa 2019 is characterized by a crystalline color, fresh notes of red fruits are perceived on the nose, followed by a lively balsamic and a marked cleanliness. On the palate it has a good acidity with fine and well-smoothed tannins with a savory note characteristic of our soils and good persistence.
- Brand:Societa Agricola Tenuta La Massa
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
- Varietal:50% Sangiovese 50%, 30% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon/Alicante Bouchet/Petit Verdot
- Size:750ml, 1L, 1.5L, 3L
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:27 ha of vineyards facing south in the "Conca d’Oro" (Golden Basin) of Panzano with an average altitude of 360 meters above sea level. The soils are a mixture of scaly clay and galestro (loose marl and limestone). The training system is the spurred cordon and guyot with a yield per vine of about 0.9 kg of grapes at the density is 6,250 plants per hectare.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:20 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):50% vines planted in 1999 30% vines planted in 2003 20% vines planted in 2005/2009/2022
- Fermentation:Fermentation occurs with indigenous or selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 28°C. After racking, the wine remains on the lees for around 20 days.
- Elevage:Wood (225 lt) for Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot (20% new) for 1 year. Sangiovese in concrete for 1 year, then 3-4 months in the bottle before being released.
- Winemaker Name:Giampaolo Motta
- Finning & Filtration:Yes
- Producer Website:https://lamassa.com/
- Total Production:10,000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:La Massa minimizes chemicals in the vineyards by avoiding herbicides, plus using green bean fertilizer and only recyclable materials.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes