Trasto Tinto 'Prieto Picudo' 2020
Noelia de Paz spent the beginning of the century benefitting from being amongst the family vineyards that her brothers planted in 1999, though her hometown region, D.O. Tierra de León, didn’t achieve D.O. status until 2007. It was there, during this time working in her family’s winery Bodegas Tampesta, that Noelia’s love and dedication for León’s native grape varieties, Albarín and Prieto Picudo, really flourished. Nose of poutpourri and boisenberry. Hints of frambois. Density and grip on the mid-palate, finish with medium bodied, chalky tannins that are matched with dark fruits and eucalyptus. The presence of Prieto Picudo is firm but gives way to juicy fruits. heavy potpourri and dried purple flowers.
- Brand:La Osa
- Region:Castilla y Leon
- Sub-Region:D.O. Tierra de Leon
- Varietal:Prieto Picudo
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Continental weather, hot summers, cold winters and very low rain
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):25 years old vines
- Fermentation:Destemmed, fermented Prieto Picudo is fermented for 20 days.
- Elevage:Neutral barrel for 4 months. Delicate wetting the cap with minimal extraction. 10% of previous vintage is kept in barrel and blended back into for complexities and balance.
- Winemaker Name:Noelia de Paz
- Producer Website:https://laosavinos.com/