Umbria Grechetto IGT 2021
This is a classic, lively wine from 100% Grechetto grapes. Cultivated on the picturesque hillsides of Montefalco, the wine is characterized by aromas of fresh flowers and stone fruits, which are supported on the palate by bright minerality and refreshing acidity. Tasting notes. Color: Straw yellow. Bouquet: White and yellow flowers, persistent notes of citrus, pear, and peach. Palate: Soft and persistent. Food pairing: Aperitif,starters,fish,white meat,soft or medium-aged cheeses. Serving temperature: (8°-10° C).
- Brand:Fattoria Milziade Antano
- Varietal:100% Grechetto
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:SO2 total 20-30 mg/L
- Climate:The vineyards are characterized by a mild climate, with good and constant ventilation, which protects the vineyards from parasitic diseases. Sunshine is present both in the morning and in the afternoon. The sun exposure guarantees a good ripening of grapes and tannins, granting unmistakable elegance to the wines.
- Harvest Technique:Harvest is carried out manually, with careful selection of only perfectly ripe grapes, which are then carried directly to the cellar to reduce the risk of oxidation.
- Soil:The soil is clay and rich in minerals. It never becomes too compact or heavy.
- Vineyard Size:7 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1972-1992
- Fermentation:The grapes are pressed and fermentation begins with native yeasts, without any maceration of the grapes with their skins. Fermentation occurs in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks.
- Elevage:3 months in bottle
- Winemaker Name:Giordano Antano
- Finning & Filtration:Candle filter
- Producer Website:https://www.fattoriacolleallodole.it
- Total Production:300 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Milziade Antano Fattoria Colleallodole eschews the use of pesticides and herbicides in the vineyards, and practices organic farming methods. Though the estate is not certified organic, they rely completely on organic fertilizers, primarily manure produced by the cows bred on the estate.