Union Horse Distilling Co. Port Barrel Finish Reunion Straight Rye Whiskey NV
This limited-release 100% rye whiskey undergoes four years of aging in Minnesota oak barrels before being finished in ruby Port barrels for at least 16 months. The Port barrels lend the whiskey distinct red fruit notes which complement the inherent spiciness of the. In the glass, this shows flavors of chocolate, cassis, orange, and berries. Port Barrel Finish Reunion Straight Rye Whiskey is a limited release of Union Horse's 100% straight rye whiskey aged 4+ years in signature Minneosta oak barrels. The whiskey is finished it in ruby port wine barrels for a minimum of 16 months. The result is an exquisite expression that will be remembered long after the final sip. Notes of chocolate, cassis, orange, and berries.
- Brand:Dark Horse Distillery
- Varietal:"100% rye, sourced from North Dakota and Minnesota "
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:The mash is fermented for 5-7 days, to approximately 15% ABV using the sour mash method.
- Still Type:Pot-column Hybrid
- Still Size:1,900 L copper hybrid still
- Distillation:Single distillation to approximately 72.5% ABV
- Cooperage:Aging occurs in 53g new American Oak barrels with char #3 53G (independent stave company)
- Maturation:4+ years
- Distiller Name:Patrick Garcia
- Finishing:16 months is Ruby Port barrels
- Producer Website:https://www.unionhorse.com/