Valpolicella Ripasso DOC "Col de Bastia" - 2018
This wine is obtained from the re-maceration of Valpolicella on the pomace of Amarone that has just been drawn off, and aged in oak barrels for eighteen months. It is a soft and seductive red, intensely fruity and largely persistent, which accompanies with its harmonious elegance an entire menu based on quality meats, cold cuts and cheeses.
- Varietal:65% Corvina, 15% Corvinone, 10% Rondinella,10% altri vitigni
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:60 mg/l
- Climate:The Valpolicella climate can be generally classified as a continental or sub-continental one, but it is influenced by various geographical factors which create different microclimates, especially near the hills where these vineyards are located.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:12 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1990.0
- Fermentation:Ripasso is the traditional method where the Valpolicella wine is re-macereted on the pomace from the dried Amarone grapes.
- Elevage:The wine is aged in 500/1000 lt oak barrels for 18 months.
- Winemaker Name:Antonio Fattori
- Producer Website:https://www.fattoriwines.com/en/our-wines/red-wines/col-de-la-bastia-1/
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes