Valtellina Superiore Sassella "il Glicine" DOCG 2018
This wine is named after the vineyard from where grapes come from: Il Glicine. This vineyard is located in the Sassella sub-area at about 470 meters above sea level and facing south.This wine ages for 12 months in barrique. it is a garnet red color with reflections of light. The nose has fruity hints including red berries, cherry and a fine spiciness. In the mouth it is intense, with many spicy notes, very balanced, tannins present but never aggressive and good acidity as well as persistence.
- Brand:Società Agricola Fay di Fay Marco
- Sub-Region:Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Varietal:Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca) 100%
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50mg /l
- Climate:The climate is maritime. It rains every month of the year. The average annual temperature for Teglio is 5 ° degrees and there is 1075 mm of rain in a year.
- Harvest Technique:Dry farming, lutte raisonnée, 470 meters above sea level, facing South and trained with Guyot and Sylvoz Valtellinese. Manual harvest first week of October
- Soil:Sandy/loamy soils
- Vineyard Size:1 hectar
- Vine Age (year planted):1998
- Fermentation:after destemming and pressing, the wine is put in contact with the skins for about 7 days and fermented in stainless steel at a constant temperature without the use of industrial yeasts. The malolactic process takes place immediately after.
- Elevage:12 months in used Slavonian Oak, big barrels.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Fay
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.vinifay.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=139&lang=en
- Total Production:100 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Rotating crops and embracing diversity; planting cover crops and perennials. Applying integrated pest management (IPM). Adopting agroforestry practices. No use of chemical substances in any steps of the production.