Valtellina Superiore Valgella 'Ca' Morei' DOCG - 2017
Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca) 100% from Lombardy (Italy) Alcohol content 14.5% Vineyards In the Cà Moréi vineyard, 550 meters above sea level, with southern exposure, on sandy and loamy soils Vinification 7 days maceration on the skins, fermentation in steel Refinement 12 months in barrique
Primary hints of rose and violet are combined with evolved but delicate nuances of sweet spices, tobacco and cocoa in a soft, clean and full-bodied taste, with an energetic and persistent freshness
- Brand:Sandro Fay
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50mg /l
- Climate:The climate is maritime. It rains every month of the year. The average annual temperature for Teglio is 5 ° degrees and there is 1075 mm of rain in a year.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:1 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:after destemming and pressing, the wine is put in contact with the skins for about 7 days and fermented in stainless steel at a constant temperature without the use of industrial yeasts. The malolactic process takes place immediately after.
- Elevage:12 months in used Slavonian Oak, big barrels.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Fay
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.vinifay.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=139&lang=en
- Total Production:120 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Rotating crops and embracing diversity; planting cover crops and perennials. Applying integrated pest management (IPM). Adopting agroforestry practices. No use of chemical substances in any steps of the production.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes