Valtellina Superiore Valgella 'Costa Bassa' DOCG - 2020
This wine strongly expresses territoriality. The "costa bassa from which it takes its name starts from the valley floor and reaches up to 450 m. above sea level. The microclimate of this area develops a thinner skin of the grape and reduced acidity and tannins for immediate drinkability. This wine ages in large barrels for 12 months. Dull garnet red color. The nose shows hints of red fruit, mainly cherry and raspberry, with notes of rose petals. In the mouth it has a medium body, great aromatic agility which also includes fruity aromas, tannins are light as well as acidity.
- Brand:Sandro Fay
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50mg /l
- Climate:The climate is maritime. It rains every month of the year. The average annual temperature for Teglio is 5 ° degrees and there is 1075 mm of rain in a year.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:3 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2002.0
- Fermentation:after destemming and pressing, the wine is put in contact with the skins for about 6 days and fermented in stainless steel at a constant temperature without the use of industrial yeasts. The malolactic process takes place immediately after.
- Elevage:12 months in used Slavonian Oak, big barrels.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Fay
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.vinifay.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=139&lang=en
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Rotating crops and embracing diversity; planting cover crops and perennials. Applying integrated pest management (IPM). Adopting agroforestry practices. No use of chemical substances in any steps of the production.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes