Valtellina Valgella Riserva 'Carteria' DOCG - 2017
Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca) 100%, Region Lombardy (Italy) Alcohol content 13.5% Vineyards: In Valgella, in the Carterìa vineyard, 500 m. above sea level, with southern exposure and on sandy and loamy soil Vinification Maceration of 7 days for 14 days, 12 months in barrique
Intense ruby red color with orange reflections. On the nose shows enveloping aromas of red fruits, including cherry and raspberry, of dark berries, floral notes of violets and spicy hints of cloves and licorice. In the mouth it shows great depth and complexity, it is enveloping and elegant with a silky tannin and marked acidity. The finish is long and tasty.
- Brand:Sandro Fay
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50mg /l
- Climate:The climate is maritime. It rains every month of the year. The average annual temperature for Teglio is 5 ° degrees and there is 1075 mm of rain in a year.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:3 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):2000.0
- Fermentation:after destemming and pressing, the wine is put in contact with the skins for about 6 days and fermented in stainless steel at a constant temperature without the use of industrial yeasts, for about 14 days. The malolactic process takes place immediately after.
- Elevage:12 months in used Slavonian Oak, 50% in 30 hl casks and 50% in 500 L big barrels.
- Winemaker Name:Marco Fay
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://www.vinifay.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=featured&Itemid=139&lang=en
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Rotating crops and embracing diversity; planting cover crops and perennials. Applying integrated pest management (IPM). Adopting agroforestry practices. No use of chemical substances in any steps of the production.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes