VDF "TO" 2019
From older vines on Mas Theo’s farm, which also contains lavender fields, TO is a beautifully balanced blend of equal parts Syrah and Grenache. Red and black fruit on the palate give way to classic Rhône spice and garrigue notes—plus sage, peppermint, and thyme—all wrapped in elegant tannins. Cuvee TO is a harmonious expression of Syrah and Grenache. Red and black fruits with spice and garigue notes. The mouthfeel is long, with a nice balance between raspberry, blueberry, grapefruit and sage, peppermint, thyme. Cuvee TO is a surpising expression of the Rhône with a very elegant texture.
- Brand:Mas Theo
- Region:Rhône Valley
- Sub-Region:Southern Rhône
- Varietal:50% Grenache, 50% Syrah
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:30 ppm total
- Climate:Continental with very hot summer and strong wind called "mistral"
- Harvest Technique:Mechanically harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vineyard Size:30 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):1978
- Fermentation:Fermented with indigenous yeasts.
- Elevage:12 months in concrete tank
- Winemaker Name:Laurent Clapier
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Mas Theo is Certified Organic and Biodynamic
- Sustainable Practice:Mas Theo is Certified Organic and Biodynamic