VGW Chardonnay - 2018
VGW stands for “very good white,” and it’s 00 Wines calling card. Comprising four vineyards and three Dijon Chardonnay clones, it’s wonderfully balanced—rich yet bright, lush yet tense, showing both structure and texture. A blend of four vineyards and three Dijon clones, VGW manages to be many things at the same time: rich, but bright; lush, but with tension; structured, and textural. This is the winery’s calling card and largest production cuvée.
- Brand:00 Wines
- Sub-Region:Willamette Valley
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:The Willamette Valley is one of the coolest winegrowing regions in North America, and while enjoying extended daylight hours during the growing season, albeit a high diurnal shift to cooler nights. Through the rest of the year the region is relatively mild, with cool, wet winters, and warm dry summers. This temperate climate, combined with coastal marine influences of the Pacific ocean, make the gentle growing conditions within the Valley ideal for cool climate grapes
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vine Age (year planted):2013; 2011; 2014; 2012
- Fermentation:The “black Chardonnay method” employs foot crushing, overnight skin contact, and a long press cycle. The juice goes into the barrel immediately and fermentation occurs spontaneously.
- Elevage:12 months in 20% new french oak, followed by 6 months in stainless steel on the fine lees, without any bâttonage. Cooperage is 25% Damy, 50% Cadus, and 25% Mercurey.
- Winemaker Name:Pierre Millman
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:95 V, 92 RP
- Producer Website:https://00wines.com
- Total Production:2100 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:00 Wines' grower-partners use organic farming practices.