Villa Guelpa Longitudine8 26 Colline Novaresi Nebbiolo
From vineyards within the village of Lessona, this Nebbiolo is a spirited over-achiever. Made from a strain of Nebbiolo affectionately called “Uva Spanna” by Piedmontese locals, the wine opens with notes of dried fruit including cherry and orange peel before spicy florals come to the forefront in a delicious and expressive red wine. Dried red cherry, orange peel, spice and dried flowers all meld together into a soft, open-knit wine that is already incredibly delicious and expressive. This is always such a pretty and overachieving wine.
- Brand:Villa Guelpa
- Sub-Region:Alto Piemonte
- Varietal:Nebbiolo (Uva Spanna)
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:57 mg/L
- Climate:In Lessona, the summers are warm, the winters are very cold, and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 81°F and is rarely below 19°F or above 87°F.
- Harvest Technique:These southeast-facing vineyards, located at approximately 300 meters above sea level, are harvested by hand during October.
- Soil:Terraced pebble, very acidic soils, totally free of limestone. There are three soil types, sandy, a combination of alluvial and brown-red pebbles, and ferrous soils covered with loess.
- Vineyard Size:2.6 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):2002
- Fermentation:The grapes undergo maceration for five days, before fermentation begins naturally with ambient yeast in steel tanks. Natural malolactic fermentation usually begins at the end of winter.
- Elevage:The wine rests at least 12 months in concrete tanks, then at least 1 year in bottle.
- Winemaker Name:Daniele Dinoia
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse filtration