Vino Rosso "Rosso della Motta" 2020
Nebbiolo takes its classic form in this red, which is made from vineyards in the villages of Mottalciata and Castellengo. Aged in a combination of stainless steel and used Slavonian oak, Rosso Della Motta shows Nebbiolo’s true character without overt oak influence in a wine that is nuanced and elegant.
- Brand:Società Agricola Centovigne
- Sub-Region:Alto Piemonte
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:55 mg/L
- Climate:The vineyards are located in Mottalciata and Castellengo in the province of Biella at an altitude of 350 m a.s.l. The rains are concentrated in winter and spring, summers are hot. The breeze coming from Monte Rosa makes the climate mild.
- Harvest Technique:Harvest is done by hand in the first ten days of October.
- Soil:Acidic and sandy soils of marine origin.
- Vineyard Size:5 hectares
- Vine Age (year planted):50% vines planted in 1975. 50% vines planted in 1999.
- Fermentation:Grapes are crushed, and fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts for 15-20 days in steel tanks. During fermentation, the must undergoes daily pumpovers. Malolactic fermentation is also completed.
- Elevage:60% spends one year in concrete tanks and 40% in used Slavonian oak. At least 3 months in bottle before released.
- Winemaker Name:Alessandro Ciccioni
- Finning & Filtration:Coarse filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.centovigne.it/
- Total Production:600 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Bioagricert Certified
- Sustainable Practice:Società Agricola Centovigne eschews the use of traditional pesticides across their vineyards, relying instead on cover crops and composting to improve vine health. The team also takes part in a biodiversity program to help support its local ecosystem.