From Carso, a sub-zone of Friuli with heavy Slavic influences, Skerk’s Vitovska is a wildly aromatic skin-macerated white wine. Sandy Skerk is a leader in the region, whose wines are known for their complexity. The Vitovska is fermented with native yeasts in used oak, resulting in a fresh and intriguing take on this obscure grape variety.
- Brand:Azienda Agricola Skerk
- Region:Friuli Venezia Giulia
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:0 mg/l
- Climate:August is the hottest month in Carso, August, it has days with highs of 82 ° F (28 ° C) and lows of 63 ° F (17 ° C). The coldest month, January has days with highs of 41 ° F (5 ° C) and lows of 31 ° F (-1 ° C). Here we have a continental climate.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:gravelly soils
- Vineyard Size:8 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997, 2002
- Fermentation:Grapes are fermented naturally with wild yeasts with both fermentation and aging occurring in oak barrels.
- Elevage:Orange wine aged in wood. Natural, Organic and Vegan. 12 months in oak barrels.
- Winemaker Name:Sandi Skerk
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Scores:RP 92
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Skerk practices organic and biodynamic farming methods, using as little human intervention in the vineyards and cellar as possible.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes