This longtime tasting room favorite comes from Italian white varieties that Brand Napa has been planting in small blocks across their property. Fiano, Ribolla Gialla, and Arneis give the wine freshness and nuanced aromatics, while Greco Di Tufo lends subtle richness to the blend. From small blocks devoted to Italian white grape varieties on Pritchard Hill, the Fiano, Ribolla Gialla, Arneis were farmed for their fresh flavors and nuanced aromatics to produce this layered wine. Greco Di Tufo fruit added subtle richness to the blend.
- Brand:Brand Napa
- Sub-Region:Napa County
- Commune/Village:Pritchard Hill
- Varietal:Fiano, Ribolla Gialla, Arneis, Greco di Tufo
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Although similar in some ways to the East side of Napa Valley (St. Helena, Rutherford, etc), there are two mitigating factors in that make Pritchard Hill substantially different: the mitigating influence of Lake Hennesy, and the substantial increase in altitude which can be both cooler and drier because of the fog.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Fermentation:Brand fermented the Ribolla Gialla in terra cotta amphorae, the Fiano in stainless steel barrels, and the Greco and Arneis in neutral oak barrels.
- Elevage:Aged on the lees for 10 months in neutral barrel.
- Winemaker Name:Philippe Melka and Matt Johnson
- Finning & Filtration:Bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Producer Website:https://brandnapavalley.com/
- Total Production:490 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Brand Napa uses organic and biodynamic farming practices in their vineyards.