6 Year Old Rum Agricola da Madeira NV
An intense rum agricole in both aroma and flavor. The extended aging evokes tobacco and baking spice aromas to complement the light tannins and savory, slightly smoky palate.
- Brand:William Hinton
- Sub-Region:Estreito da Calheta
- Varietal:The sugar cane juice comes from varieties POJ-2725 and NCO-370. The sugar cane is harvested manually and crushed mechanically.
Show More Less Information
- Fermentation:Fermented with selected yeast for 24 hours.
- Still Type:100 year old single-column still
- Distillation:Continuous column distillation to 140 proof
- Cooperage:French oak barrels
- Maturation:Aged for six years in French oak barrels.
- Distiller Name:Emanuel Camacho
- Producer Website:http://williamhintonrum.com/
- Total Production:290,000 liters/year
- Tasting Notes:The 6 Year Rum is intense on the aroma and palate, with notes of tobacco and baking spice on the nose. Light tannin on palate with a slight smoke and savoriness throughout the finish.