Zinfandel Lodi 2018
Crosby is a T. Edward custom label that was created to bring varietally and vintage-correct expressions to the market at reasonable prices. The wines of Crosby are often crafted from declassified grapes that otherwise would have created a wine that cost considerably more money. The opportunity to source some Lodi-rules sustainable Zinfandel from one of our partners from the near-perfect 2018 vintage was a no-brainer. Classic, perhaps "old-school" in style, this Zinfandel certainly displays the blueberry fruit characteristic of the vintage, without going into full on raisin territory. We picked relatively early to maintain Zinfandel's naturally high acidity, also keeping the alcohol at a reasonable 14%.
- Brand:Norton Ridge Cellars
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Lodi has a distinctly Mediterranean climate, with warm dry summers and cool, moist winters.
- Harvest Technique:hand harvested and Lodi-rules sustainable
- Soil:Tokay fine sandly loam
- Fermentation:Spontaneously fermented in 1.5 ton open-top stainless steel ferementers
- Elevage:11 months in neutral oak, followed by 8 months in stainless steel tank
- Finning & Filtration:no filtration
- Producer Website:https://www.tedwardwines.com/
- Total Production:1120 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes