This purple-hued, single-vineyard Zweigelt flaunts cherry, wild-berry, and violet aromas to complement a juicy palate with hints of earthiness. The name of the wine is to honor Viennese born Dora Kallmus (1881–1963), better known as Madame d’Ora, She was an unusual woman for her time with a spectacular career as one of the leading photographic portraitists of the early 20th century. The wine has a purple color. On the nose it shows aromas of cherry, wild berries and violet flowers, while on the tangue it is capable to express more earthy notes.
- Region:Austria, Niederösterreich -Weinviertel (Obermarkersdorf)
- Sub-Region:Wein aus Österreich
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:40 mg/l
- Climate:Hot summer, cool autumn and cold winters. Dry climate with max 400 liter per square meter a year. It is this physiological ripening process that gives the wines their varietal bouquet.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Vineyard Size:none
- Vine Age (year planted):none
- Fermentation:A three-week fermentation on the skins begins spontaneously in 800L Speidel boxes without temperature control. 20 mg/L of sulfur was added after malolactic fermentation and ten more before bottling.
- Elevage:The wine is unfined and unfiltered. 6 months maturation in 6000 liter stainless steel tanks
- Winemaker Name:Weingut Diem Gerald (winemaker) and Andrea
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:2000 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:D'Ora is Certified Organic.
- Sustainable Practice:D'Ora is Certified Organic.