La Xara - 2021
Juan Antonio Ponce went home after working at Cia de Vinos Telmo Rodriguez. The enterprise began in 2005, when he was 23, with only 11 barrels and a loan. Although Juan Antonio's father never made wine, he did sell the grapes to the local cooperative.Ponce states. "There are many prejudices in the area, and people lack self-confidence." Manchuela, followed by Ponce, is currently the most interesting appellation in central Spain. Made with Mediterranean Garnacha that was harvested early. This is a Garnacha in the "Gredos" style, bright, mineral, and flowery, ripe but not overripe.
- Brand:Bodegas Ponce
- Region:Castilla La Mancha
- Commune/Village:Villanueva de la Jara
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Arid and dry, with coastal breezes. Long days of sunshine and low humidity are contrasted by cool, damp gusts from the Mediterranean. Organic farming benefits from a unique continental and Mediterranean combination.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:clay soils
- Vine Age (year planted):35-year-old vines
- Fermentation:It fermented in 4,500-liter oak vats with complete clusters and indigenous yeast.
- Elevage:It takes seven months to mature with lees.
- Winemaker Name:Juan Antonio Ponce
- Scores:RP 92 2019 // RP 93 2021
- Total Production:10,000 bottles