EGW Chardonnay - 2019
The EGW (Extra Good White) showcases the complexity and aromatic depth of old-vine Willamette Valley Chardonnay. A barrel selection of four vineyards, it contains Dijon, Wente 72, and Wente 108 clones, delivering more richness than the VGW, while preserving its lively acidity. As a barrel selection of four vineyards, the EGW is based on a mix of both Dijon clones (like the VGW), and Wente 72 and 108 heritage clones. The wine is certainly more rich on the palate, without sacrificing the wonderful acidity of the VGW.
- Brand:00 Wines
- Sub-Region:Willamette Valley
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:The Willamette Valley is one of the coolest winegrowing regions in North America, and while enjoying extended daylight hours during the growing season, albeit a high diurnal shift to cooler nights. Through the rest of the year the region is relatively mild, with cool, wet winters, and warm dry summers. This temperate climate, combined with coastal marine influences of the Pacific ocean, make the gentle growing conditions within the Valley ideal for cool climate grapes
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Vine Age (year planted):1979; 1995; 2014; 2005
- Fermentation:The “black Chardonnay method” employs foot crushing, overnight skin contact, and a long press cycle. The juice goes into the barrel immediately and fermentation occurs spontaneously.
- Elevage:12 months in 20% new french oak, followed by 6 months in stainless steel on the fine lees, without any bâttonage. Cooperage is 25% Damy, 50% Cadus, and 25% Mercurey.
- Winemaker Name:Pierre Millman
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:95 RP
- Producer Website:https://00wines.com
- Total Production:702 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:00 Wines' grower-partners use organic farming practices.