Grenache Blanc Columbia Valley - 2021
This 100% Grenache Blanc has mouthwatering acidity to complement its layers of stone fruit and almost-ripe melon. With both freshness and subtle earthy notes, it’s a supremely expressive white wine. Grenache Blanc likely mutated from Grenache Noir in Northern Spain, so it's no surprise that it thrives in the high desert of the Columbia Valley. Mysteriously, it maintains wonderful acidity and Sonder's expression layers stone fruit and not-quite-ripe melons into a surprsingly expressive white wine.
- Brand:Sonder Wines
- Sub-Region:Yakima Valley
- Varietal:Grenache Blanc
Show More Less Information
- Country:United States
- Climate:The high dessert conditions of the Columbia Valley are tempered on the south facing slopes by the strong winds coming through the Columbia Gorge.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:loam soils
- Fermentation:Fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks and a single, used Hungarian oak barrel.
- Elevage:No malolactic fermentation and aged sur lees for 5 month.
- Winemaker Name:Riley Miller
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Producer Website:https://sonderwines.com
- Sustainable Certificates:Sonder farms their vines using organic and sustable practices.