IGT Sicily 2018
An entry level Etna wine; this wine is nothing short of outstanding. Notes of both fresh and dried fruit mix with subtle notes of Italian herbs and spices with hints of smoke. A great alternative to Pinot Noir that offers distinct Sicilian terroir, absolutely delicious!
- Varietal:Nerello Mascalese, with a 15% of Cesanese d'affile and Cabernet Franc
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:50 ml/g
- Climate:In Etna, the summers are warm and partly cloudy and the winters are very cold, snowy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 23°F to 83°F and is rarely below 7°F or above 91°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:volcanic soils
- Fermentation:Different batch of wines are fermented separatelly and then blended before being bottled. Spontaneus fermentation with temperature controlled stainless steel vats. Different pumping over are made to extract the color.
- Elevage:Stainless steel and concrete for about 12 years. A small amount in big oak used barrel.
- Winemaker Name:Alessandro Volta
- Finning & Filtration:None
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:1.Sheep and beneficial birds to control weeds and pests. 2.Cover crops, drip irrigation and process ponds to conserve water. 3. Composting, recycling and reuse to minimize waste. 4. Protecting air and water quality. 5. Preserving local ecosystems and wildlife habitats.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes