Pies Rotos 2021
Artuke is a small family winery located in Baños de Ebro, a village in Rioja Alavesa on the banks of the Ebro river. In 1991, Roberto de Miguel made the decision to stop producing bulk wine and start bottled wine. Now his children Arturo and Kike, (whose names are the basis of the winery) are leading the project. Their grow is based on recuperating abandoned vineyards, and making new single vineyard wines. One of the two village wines. This one comes from a vineyard higher in altitude than Artuke, located on the foot of Sierra Cantabria. Richer than Artuke thanks to the oak aging. Ripe red fruit, licorice, still very fresh and bright.
- Brand:Artuke Bodegas y Vinedos
- Sub-Region:Baños de Ebro
- Varietal:85% Tempranillo, 15% Graciano
Show More Less Information
- Climate:Climate is primarily Mediterranean, with a heavy Atlantic impact that is moderated by the river.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:alluvial soils
- Vineyard Size:They have 25 acres divided into 32 parcels.
- Vine Age (year planted):20-50 years-old
- Fermentation:Fermented with indigenous yeasts from destemmed but uncrushed grapes
- Elevage:For 12 months, it was aged in 500-liter oak barrels, although 10% of the volume was preserved in concrete.
- Winemaker Name:Arturo & Kike De Miguel
- Scores:RP 92+ 2020
- Producer Website:https://www.artuke.com
- Total Production:60,000 bottles