Sangio Chianti Classico DOCG - 2021
Hailing from young vines in the highest hills above Panzano, the Sangio is a fresh, fruity, medium-bodied wine. Well-structured, with juicy acidity and a long finish, it’s a nicely balanced bottling. Fresh and fruity, medium-bodied, well balanced, with a nice structure, juicy acidity and a long finish.
- Sub-Region:Chianti Classico
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:20 mg/s
- Climate:Mediterranean climate. In Panzano in Chianti, the summers are short, warm, and mostly clear and the winters are long, very cold, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 31°F to 86°F and is rarely below 21°F or above 94°F.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandstone soils
- Vineyard Size:9 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1992-2003
- Fermentation:After destemming and pressing grapes, we have a medium maceration time (18 days) with hand punch downs; wine is fermented with indigenous yeasts, fermentation temperature is 20°C.
- Elevage:Aging in cement for 6 months and big oak for 12 months. There is no fining or filtering before bottling.
- Winemaker Name:Michael Schmeltzer
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Total Production:1800 cases
- Sustainable Practice:Yes