Oger Grand Cru - 2017
This 100% Chardonnay vintage Champagne hails from a vineyard located almost entirely in the Grand Cru village of Mesnil-sur-Oger. The nose is rich with apple, citrus, and nuts, and the palate shows yeasty notes plus minerality and hints of citrus, ripe apples, and spices. On the nose, aroma with a touch of apple, citrus with a hint of nuts. Clear autolyse touch and mineral tones. On the palate, fresh with hints of autolysis, citrus, ripe apples and spices. Long aftertaste.
- Brand:Champagne Pertois-Moriset
- Sub-Region:Côte des Blancs
- Commune/Village:Le Mesnil-sur-Oger
- Varietal:Grand Cru Chardonnay
- Color:Sparkling White
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:At harvest before pressing and at disgorgement.
- Climate:In Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, the summers are short, comfortable, and partly cloudy and the winters are very cold, windy, and mostly cloudy.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:20 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1935, 1995
- Fermentation:Fermentation takes place in stainless steel.
- Elevage:Stainless steel for 36 months on the lees.
- Winemaker Name:The House’s history began through the marriage between Yves Pertois and Janine Moriset. Today, The House is managed by their granddaughter Cécile and her husband Vincent.
- Producer Website:https://www.pertoismoriset.com/en
- Total Production:1808 bottles
- Sustainable Certificates:Pertois Moriset uses sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes