Champagne Pertois-Moriset is a grower-producer in Le Mesnil-sur-Oger focused on village- and vineyard-designate bottlings. For more than 70 years, the family has crafted wines from 20 hectares of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir spanning prestigious Côtes de Blancs sites. Pertois-Moriset began in 1951 with the nuptials of Yves Pertois from Cramant and Janine Moriset from Mesnil. Each a third-generation grower in their respective families, Yves and Janine pooled their considerable viticultural knowledge and started bottling Champagne under their own label. Today, the couple’s granddaughter Cécile and her husband Vincent Bauchet run the show. They tend Chardonnay on Grand Cru sites in the Côtes de Blancs, plus a 60-40 split of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in the Côte de Sézanne—including one parcel that borders Olivier Collin’s famed Les Maillons. Following organic and sustainable principles, they eschew chemicals, disrupt the mating habits of harmful insects, plant natural grasses, and use the region’s first 100% electric tractor. The house produces single-village expressions of renowned Champenoise villages like Oger, Villeneuve, Cramant, and Chouilly, plus single-parcel bottlings from lieux-dits including Les Jeamprins, Les Jutées, and Les Hauts d’Aillerands. They’re also members of the exclusive Club Trésors de Champagne in Reims—a select group of 28 grower-producers, each authorized to produce a Special Club bottling. The duo installed a new pressing center into their winery in 2009, and in the cellar, they often block malolactic fermentation before giving their cuvées extended bottle aging. This imbues their Chardonnay-dominated lineup with complexity, incredible terroir transparency, and fresh minerality.
- Producer: Champagne Pertois-Moriset
- Vendor: SAS CHAMPAGNE PERTOIS MORISET
- Varietals: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier
- Labor Practices: Vincent utlizes a veteran team across the estate’s endeavors, many of whom have been with the domaine for over a decade. During harvest Cécile and Vincent bring in an extra team of locals, many of whom are civil servants on vacation.
- Sustainable Practices: A leitmotif every day. Practices and a sustainable philosophy to pass on to the teams and to our children.
- Country: France
- Region: Champagne
- Sub Region: Côte des Blancs