Special Club - 2016
Pertois-Moriset made this wine to celebrate their return to the Club Trésors de Champagne, a prestigious group of artisan winemakers. It shows fresh mineral and chalk aromas—as well as a creamy, delicate palate and toasty structure—from Chardonnay grown on the house’s best sites in the Grand Cru village of Mesnil-sur-Oger. On th nose this has a mineral, creamy chalk, fresh aroma. The palate has an aromatic, creamy, delicate, mineral, nutty, rich/intense, toasty structure.
- Brand:Champagne Pertois-Moriset
- Sub-Region:Côte des Blancs
- Commune/Village:Le Mesnil-sur-Oger
- Varietal:Chardonnay Grand Cru
- Color:Sparkling White
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:At harvest before pressing and at disgorgement.
- Climate:In Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, the summers are short, comfortable, and partly cloudy and the winters are very cold, windy, and mostly cloudy.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:limestone rich soils
- Vineyard Size:20 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1935, 1995
- Fermentation:88% of the grapes ferment in stainless steel tanks, and the rest ferment in French oak barrels. The wine doesn’t go through malolactic fermentation.
- Elevage:Stainless steel tanks (88%) and French oak barrels (12%). Four years aging on its lees.
- Winemaker Name:The House’s history began through the marriage between Yves Pertois and Janine Moriset. Today, The House is managed by their granddaughter Cécile and her husband Vincent.
- Producer Website:https://www.pertoismoriset.com/en
- Total Production:6539 bottles
- Sustainable Certificates:Pertois Moriset uses sustainable farming practices.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes