Domaine de L'Harmas
Rhone Valley, France
Domaine de L'Harmas
Encompasses 23 hectares of vines, from which Nathalie and Patrick Fabre make classic Rhône blends of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre. Nathalie is the fourth generation of her family to work these vineyards. The estate had previously grown tomatoes and melons, plus grapes they sold to the local co-op. But when Nathalie and Patrick took over in 2000, they tightened their focus—growing only grapes and making wines under their own label. That year, they built the cellar and produced Domaine de L’Harmas’ first vintage. They started with five hectares and have since expanded the domaine to 23. That includes 3.5 hectares rooted in Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s famous galets roulés, one hectare within the lieu-dit of Mont-Redon, half a hectare adjacent to Château de Beaucastel, plus seven hectares of old-vine Côtes-du-Rhône and Côtes-du-Rhône Village plantings. These vines were planted between 1927 and 1999, and the Fabres have farmed them organically since 2012. Their son Romauld joined in 2014, becoming the fifth generation to work this land. Despite their growth, they’ve stayed a small-production, family-run operation, manually tending the vines and practicing dry-farming throughout their vineyards. They vinify their Côtes-du-Rhône bottles traditionally, co-fermenting the varieties with the stems. Additionally, they craft Châteauneuf-du-Pape cuvées, a Côtes-du-Rhône Blanc, and a small-lot reserve produced only in the best vintages.
- Producer: Domaine de L'Harmas
- Vendor: Domaine de L'Harmas
- Varietals: Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre
- Labor Practices: There are 3 of us working full time on the farm, Nathalie, Patrick and Romuald. A seasonal worker, Sébastien, is with us almost throughout the year and other seasonal workers for the harvest and disbudding accompany us.
- Organic Practice Certificates: Ecocert Certified
- Country: France
- Region: Rhone Valley