"Ograde" - 2020
The predominantly limestone soils of Carso lend Skerk’s signature blend its symphony of aromas. From candied citrus fruits, caramel, and orange marmalade to chestnut honey, pine resin, and Mediterranean herbs this unique skin-contact blend offers a prismatic translation of its terroir.
- Region:Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Varietal:25% Vitovska, 25% Malvasia, 25% Sauvignon, 25% Pinot Grigio
Show More Less Information
- How much so2 added:15 mg/l
- Climate:The vines are born on the hills of the Karst, in an arid, red and stony land, rich in limestone and iron components. We are located a few kilometers from the sea.
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:gravelly soils
- Vineyard Size:7 ha
- Vine Age (year planted):1997, 2007
- Fermentation:Ripe grapes are transported to the cellar when they ferment with wild yeasts and undergo maceration with the skins for at least 15 days.
- Elevage:The refinement is carried out in oak barrels of different capacities for at least 24 months and then in the bottle for another 5 months
- Finning & Filtration:No
- Scores:Robert Parker 2017 94 / 100, Slow Wine, Gambero Rosso 2 glasses
- Total Production:400 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Skerk practices organic and biodynamic farming methods, using as little human intervention in the vineyards and cellar as possible.
- Sustainable Practice:Yes