Ambre 1er Cru 2016
100% Pinot Meunier, the Ambre embodies a distinctive style compared to Marne Valley Meuniers—fresh and lively, yet impressively precise. Old vines and chalky soils give it energetic citrus and spice notes, enhanced by savory depth on the finish. Combination of old vines and chalky soil translates into a very precise champagne, notes of citrus and soft spices. Mid-palate has a subtle energy that leads to a savory finish.
- Brand:Champagne Solemme
- Sub-Region:Montagne de Reims
- Varietal:Pinot Meunier
Show More Less Information
- Harvest Technique:Hand harvested
- Soil:sandy soils
- Vine Age (year planted):2/3 from 1970s (massale selection); 1/3 from early 2000s
- Fermentation:Fermentation takes place in stainless steel with selected yeasts and without malolactic conversion.
- Elevage:72 months on lees, no dosage added. Topped with estate must.
- Winemaker Name:Olivier Langlais
- Finning & Filtration:unfined, unfiltered
- Total Production:200 cases
- Sustainable Certificates:Champagne Solemme is Certified Organic and uses biodynamic farming practices.